A drain plays a vital role in preventing water from seeping into the building. It is the pathway through which wastewater passes out of the house. In case it gets blocked, the attention should be paid. Otherwise, it can greatly damage the property. But first of all, you need to know how to judge whether the drain is blocked or not.
Symptoms of a Blocked Drain
When you have a doubt, it is high time to pay immediate attention. Some of the symptoms that indicate a blocked drain include:
- Slow draining of water in sinks and showers
- Water coming out from under the toilet after flushing
- Water overflows into the gully
- Foul smell coming out of drains
In case you notice any of these symptoms, do not think twice to give a call to a plumber for Blocked drain. With the help of his skills and experience, he will rectify the issue in an easy manner. He will, first of all, diagnose and get to know about the root cause of the issue.
Items That Can Lead to A Blocked Drain
There are many that can cause a drain to run slow. Some most common causes of blocked drains include the following:
- Grease: Grease is formed by water that is used to wash dishes. Rather than going down the drain, it sticks to the inner surface of the pipe. The constant accumulation of grease finally results in blocked drains.
- Greenery: Accumulation of leaves from trees can lead to blocked drains. Roots of trees will slowly start to grow into cracks in drain pipes. If left unattended, it may finally result in something unexpected. Thus, it is better to take care of it from the very beginning.
- Foreign Items: Constant accumulation of these foreign items such as sachets, carry bags, plastic items, hair and much more also lead to a blocked drain. It is very much important to have traps under the sinks for the safety of the living space.
- Vents: As soon as water gets drained out of pipes, air also rushes to take its place from vents. Insufficient supply of air may finally result in accumulation of wastewater which finally leads to clogged drains.
- Slopes: Slope of drain pipe also affects the flow of waste into the main sewer line. Too steep slopes will allow solid waste to sit in the line. The too gentle slope will also create hindrance towards flowing of wastewater.
Ranging from a negligible issue to a major nightmare, blocked drains can lead to any type of serious issue. It is for sure that none of them will be appreciated by anyone. Thus, to stay away from such high complicacy, it is better to get in touch with a trained and experienced plumber. As you notice any early signs of a clogged drain, do not think twice before giving a call to the plumber.
Trained and Skilled Plumber – The Best Solution for Blocked Drains
The issue of blocked drains may get easily rectified at the first stage because in the final stage it becomes difficult to manage. It can cause extensive damage inside the house.
Why take an unnecessary risk when the best solution is available within your clenched fist? In order to get in touch with the right type of plumber, you may browse through magazines, newspapers, online directories and posters. It is better to talk to them personally to get an overview of the type of work conducted by them.
It will finally become an easy task to make the final selection.