A teacher is a specialist whose activity is aimed at educating the future generations. He is able not only to tell the information but to bring it to the listener in such a way that he will remember, understand and learn to apply in life.
History of Teachers
The history of the profession of the teacher goes far into antiquity. With the advent of the first skills, there were also teachers. They did not stand out in a separate profession, but possessing the skills, passed them on to the next generation. Therefore, in ancient Greece, the first schools appeared places where lectures were given for adults. The development of pedagogy continued in the Middle Ages. Despite the prohibitions and harassment, the transfer of knowledge and experience flourished in the churches. The monks taught religious teachings. Furthermore, they got knowledge of languages, writing, and good manners. The boys also studied at military schools, where they were turned into real men. Many nobles received education at home, inviting private teachers. The mere mortals did not pass knowledge. They could not afford to hire a teacher. In the 18th and 19th centuries, public schools appeared to everyone. Now even ordinary people can learn to read and gain knowledge. This brings humanity to a new level.
Teachers Role in Modern World
Today, the profession of the teacher is not too highly paid, but it is popular and highly in demand. Teachers respect and value their work. After all, it is they who give us and our children the opportunity to gain knowledge that will help their careers in the future The profession of a teacher is very difficult to work. After all, it is associated with high concentration and constant nervous tension. For the successful organization of work, it is important to fulfill all the stages:
- Planning of the educational process.Every evening the teacher plans the lessons of the next day. He carefully prepares the material for his successful presentation.
- Psychological approach.Each the teacher is a great psychoanalyst. He knows how to navigate the situation and make quick decisions.
- Each teacher must perfectly master the oratory.If you do not know how to sound the idea loudly to the audience, then your subject will simply not know. If no one has learned the topic, it is the teacher’s fault.
- The teacher should be free to navigate in his field of knowledge.He is part-time and historian, and biologist, an economist, etc. It all depends on what subject he leads.
- For the teacher of primary grades, the ability to get along with children plays a special role.This is taught in high schools and colleges. Do not choose this specialization if you are not ready for the fact that children do not listen and talk in class. For a teacher of lower grades, it is important to win the trust of students and prove their credibility.
- Scientific activity.Preparation for lessons is a constant search for information. It is necessary in order to interest children and gives them something new.
- Justice characterizes a good teacher.You should be able to assess the knowledge of students based on the results of their activities, and not from behavior in and out of class.
All this and even more is included in the idea of the profession of the teacher. This is a heavy psychological, mental and physical labor, which is necessary for mankind and all future generations.
Eva Vosper is an academic teacher in an eminent Institute. In this article, she elucidates the true definition and worth of teaching profession to the society. However, she is also running her support platform dissertation writing help for the betterment of the academic world.