The fact that steroid use is rampant within the bodybuilding industry is a not-so-well-kept secret. The aesthetic and well-proportioned physiques popularized by legends such as Frank Zane and Lee Haney have been replaced by physiques bordering on mutant size. Several yesteryear bodybuilders have denounced the “chemical warfare” that modern bodybuilding competitions have become, and are pushing for stricter laws and testing procedures. Even though the results obtained through steroid cycles are unparalleled, the amount of side effects and potential health risks leave a lot to be desired. Thankfully, there are several means and substances which provide similar results to steroids, without the side effects generally associated with them. The prohormone Phera Plex is a prime example of such substances.
Prohormones are substances that stimulate or increase the rate of production of substances already produced in the body. P-Plex is one of the most popular prohormones due to its effectiveness and immediacy of results. Its scientific name is deoxymethyltestosterone, and is commonly called Madol. P Plex is obtained in the form of pills, which when ingested produce results on par with actual anabolic steroids. Even though they are unlikely to completely replace steroid use in the bodybuilding world, they give athletes the option of a comparatively low-risk supplement plan.
In essence, the prohormone Phera Plex is a drug that aids in rapid bulking. Bodybuilders without the time or patience to wait for a proper diet to make gains make use of this drug to put on mass and also eliminate much of the effort involved. P-Plex use results in water retention in muscles and surrounding tissues, giving them a filled out and bloated look, thus making it appear as if athletes have suddenly put on a lot of size.
Since P-Plex is not of an androgenic nature, there are several advantages to it compared to anabolic steroids. A few of these have been listed below.
- No aromatization: – P Plex use does not result in the conversion of estrogen and testosterone. Thus, several highly troublesome side effects of steroid use such as Gynecomastia, shriveled testicles for men, and deepening of voice and appearance of facial hair for women cease to become a worry.
- No bubble gut: – Excess steroid use often results in distended abdomens and overall bloating. Prohormone users are assured of a fuller more muscular look without the worry of looking bloated and misshapen.
No chemical ingested into our body, by any means, leaves the body without making its presence felt. This rule extends to prohormones as well. The various side effects of its use are
- Cholesterol levels: – An increase in P Plex consumption results in increased levels of cholesterol, which leads to several health complications including cardiovascular issues and even heart attacks in very severe cases.
- Blood pressure: – A general increase in blood pressure is associated with P Plex use, affecting athlete endurance and intensity in minor cases.
- Metabolism: – These drugs affect the secretion of several other hormones, and affect normal functioning of essential processes such as digestion, chemical balancing etc.